Hi,

for HTML version see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2019-09-11

Željko

--

= 2019-09-11 =

== Callouts ==

* SRE says: Possible networking issues at times, redirect bug reports to
Numerous people reporting issues saving edits and viewing previews/diffs
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232491 as the canonical bug for those
* Release Engineering
** Train blocked (Core Platform) - T232613 LBFactoryMulti.php PHP Notice:
Undefined index:
** REMINDER: We're at 1.34.0-wmf.22 this week. The last branch for this
release will be wmf.25 on 30 September. Teams who want to ship things for
MW 1.34 should land them now. (If you do not mark code as deprecated in the
next few weeks, you have to maintain it for 9 months.)

== Product ==

=== Contributors ===

==== Editing ====
* Updates:
** Talk Pages: Team is conducting research this week to identify technical
constraints for features we will likely need to build, see what can be
learned from existing gadgets
** ve.ui.MWEditModeTool: Fix showing active editor (task T232359) by
Bartosz Dziewoński
** Mobile surfaceReady: Account for selection changing in listeners (task
T232136)
** Fix HTML blacklist inheritance (task T150418)
** MWLinkAnnotationInspector: track edits to the label field (task T229841)

==== Growth ====
* Updates:
** Set correct merge strategy for help panel links (task T231935)
** Help panel: Right-align the continue button (task T224256)
** [LiquidThreads] Another speculative fix for when topmostThread title is
not found (task T61791)

=== Readers ===

==== iOS native app ====
* Updates:
** Development on 6.4 release
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/ios-app-v6.4-seamonkey-on-a-hoverboard/
*** iOS 13 & iPadOS updates
*** New loading screen for dark mode
*** Bug fixes
** Research on 6.5 release
*** History & diffs API discussions with CorePlatform
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/ios-app-v6.5/
*** Diff engine PR is up https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T228794

==== Android native app ====
* Updates:
** Gearing up for a minor release. We have pushed a new version to beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/publish/?account=6169333749249604352#AppDashboardPlace:p=org.wikipedia.beta&appid=4972092403490495074
** Currently working on Suggested Edits, V3 on N board:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/project/view/4123/

==== Product Infrastructure ====
* Updates:
** Research week — full team researching technical requirements for
upcoming projects
** Requested DBA & security readiness reviews for MachineVision

==== Structured Data ====
* Blocking:
** Search Platform - Core Platform (or Structured Data?): RecentChange
support for SDC: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230862
* Updates:
** UBNs to do with entity ids and page ids clashing resolved
** mostly working on Machine Vision project, new input types for
statements, and finishing off campaigns work

==== Parsing ====
* Blocked by:
** https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232538 blocked on Core Platform Team
which blocks deployment to beta cluster which blocks CPT's RESTBase <->
Parsoid/PHP integration testing
* Updates:
** Parsoid/PHP: Ongoing round trip testing and bug fixes

=== UI Standardization ===
* Updates:
** OOUI v0.34.0 and 0.34.1 released,
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/diffusion/GOJU/browse/master/History.md;v0.34.1
** Unifying messages in MW core, shared.css and MF
** Further development on “Components” section for Design Style Guide

== Technology ==

=== Analytics ===
* Blocking:
** Search Platform - Point discovery dashboards at SearchSatisfaction
eventlogging table: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T229882

=== Fundraising Tech ===
* Updates:
** CiviCRM
*** Bugfixes following version upgrade
*** Pulling more data from bulk mailing house into Civi
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230509
** Payments-wiki
*** Deployed a bunch of form updates and variants
*** Better messaging for donors who cancel from hosted card entry forms:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T224063
** CentralNotice
*** Fix to hang on message cache rebuild is going out on train this week:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231703
*** Fixed another translatable message bug in the process:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T72939
*** About ready to merge campaign fallback:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T226344

=== Core Platform ===
* Blocking:
** Wikidata: (not critical blocker yet) We would appreciate review from
core/frontend on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T208601 /
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/535206
** Search Platform - Core Platform (or Structured Data?): RecentChange
support for SDC: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230862
** Performance: CR of RDBMS change
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/394430/
** Release Engineering - train blocked - T232613 LBFactoryMulti.php PHP
Notice: Undefined index:
** Parsing - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232538 blocked on Core
Platform Team which blocks deployment to beta cluster which blocks CPT's
RESTBase <-> Parsoid/PHP integration testing
* Updates:
** Core REST API progress for iOS
** API tests
** OAuth 2.0 development
** Documentation for REST API extensions

=== Engineering Productivity ===

==== Performance ====
* Blocked by:
** Core Platform: CR of RDBMS change
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/394430/
* Updates:
** Speaking at Mozilla's Automationeers Assemble tomorrow:
https://m.wiki.mozilla.org/Automationeers_Assemble
** Ongoing issue with our WebPageTest instance affecting Chrome Emulated
Mobile tests, slower by 1s since September 4
** A performance regression on enwiki identified as affecting only Firefox
in synthetic testing turned out to be a significant DOM element increase
due to a Cite template update (migration errors) that happened on September
3

==== Release Engineering ====
* Blocked by:
** Core Platform - train blocked - T232613 LBFactoryMulti.php PHP Notice:
Undefined index:
* Updates:
** The phabricator "Report Error Code" form (
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/maniphest/task/edit/form/46/ ) has been
updated with separate fields for the stack trace and error code/request id.
MW 1.34 should land them now. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232026 (If
you do not mark code as deprecated in the next few weeks, you have to
maintain it for 9 months.)
** Train Health
*** Last week: 1.34.0-wmf.21 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220746
*** This week: 1.34.0-wmf.22 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220747
**** Core Platform - T232613 LBFactoryMulti.php PHP Notice: Undefined index:
*** Next week: 1.34.0-wmf.23 - https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T220748

=== Scoring Platform ===
* Updates:
** ORES uwsgi issue --> Tons of Icinga noise
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231222
** Some people still using wmflabs rather than prod
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231776
** Fixes "Jade" role in MW Vagrant https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T231497
** Reduced statsd metrics generation for ORES
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232164
** Still waiting for invite to Design Review meetings (Blocked on Design)
** Making progress on MW API for Jade
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T199834

=== Search Platform ===
* Blocked by:
** Core Platform (or Structured Data?): RecentChange support for SDC:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T230862
** Site Reliability Engineering: dumpRDF for MediaInfo entities loads each
page individually: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222497
** Analytics: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T229882
* Updates:
** Restored display of commons image in the sister search sidebar for all
wikis except enwiki: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232032

=== Security ===
* Updates:
** Team survey is out and will close end of week
** Data Map requests for updating / completion will go out to teams on
Friday
** No Security Review updates this week

=== Site Reliability Engineering ===
* Blocking:
** Search Platform on dumpRDF for MediaInfo entities loads each page
individually: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T222497. No one working on
it yet, we will post an update on task as soon as it happens
* Updates:
** Possible networking issues at times, redirect bug reports to Numerous
people reporting issues saving edits and viewing previews/diffs
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T232491 as the canonical bug for those
** wikifeeds is ready to be deployed to kubernetes
** PHP7 ration bumped to 33%
** Resuming work on migrating restrouter

== Wikimedia DE ==

=== Wikidata ===
* Blocked by:
** Core Platform? (not critical blocker yet) We would appreciate review