As far as I know, MediaWiki does not have a centralized router like Symfony
and Drupal have.

Therefore, you must call the "controller" directly from your test.

Also, the "controller" will typically print the result, so you would need
to capture the result with output buffering:
https://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ob-get-contents.php

This is basically what WebTestCase is doing, though it is much more elegant
because it calls the router and the result is returned rather than printed.

I hope this helps!