Hi,

for HTML version see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Scrum_of_scrums/2020-03-18

This was the last in-person Scrum of scrums meeting. Going forward we will
just update the etherpad.

Željko

--

= 2020-03-18 =

== Callouts ==
* Release Engineering
** Deployments/Covid-19 [[wikitech:Deployments/Covid-19]]
** [All] MediaWiki 1.35.0 will get cut on 7 April 2020. If your team has
any proposed blockers/deadlines for that, please get them done:
[[phab:tag/MW-1.35-release]]
* Structured Data needs review from Security on proposed new data dump for
MachineVision: [[phab:T236431#5900726]]

== SoS Meeting Bookkeeping ==
* Updates:
** This was the last in-person SoS meeting. Going forward we will just
update the etherpad.

== Product ==

=== Editing ===
* Updates:
** No Updates, we are shifting or focus but hoping to turn on Replying 1.0
on Beta

=== iOS native app ===
* Updates:
** Wrapping up development on 6.6 release (mobile-html integration)...Beta
soon[[phab:project/view/4273]]

=== Android native app ===
* Updates:
** Release of mobile_html ready for Beta, pending final testing.
** Release of Suggested Edits v4 (image tagging) pending user testing /
polishing updates.

=== Web ===
* Updates:
** Working on Logo and Header for Desktop Refresh

=== Structured Data ===
* Blocked by:
** Security on review of proposed new data dump: [[phab:T236431#5900726]]
* Updates:
** will miss the meeting because of a clash - back next week
** units for quantities, improved geo-coordinates, date, and monolingual
text input types all live
** constraints violations code merged should be live when train rolls
** some CAT improvements on the way

== Technology ==

=== Fundraising Tech ===
* Updates:
** Deployed NL bank transfer capability for backup processor, working on
making it possible to accept recurring bank donations there
** Investigating new ways to manage PayPal recurring donations
** Testing migrating recurring donations from main card processor's old API
integration to their new integration
** Getting started making an autocomplete dropdown of employers offering
matching gifts

=== Core Platform ===
* Blocking:
** Wikimedia DE/Wikidata:  would appreciate someone advising on
[[phab:T225814]].
** Search Platform: MW Job consumers sometimes pause for several minutes
[[phab:T224425]]
* Updates:
** Continued work on jobrunner, changeprops
** Core REST API next version coming soon
** API Gateway
** Developer Portal prototype
[[Core_Platform_Team/Initiatives/API_Gateway/Documentation_Plan]]
** Process of adopting or co-parenting CentralNotice

=== Engineering Productivity ===

==== Release Engineering ====
* Blocking:
** Wikimedia DE/Wikidata: would appreciate someone chiming in on
[[phab:T245826]]
* Updates:
** [All] MediaWiki 1.35.0 will get cut on 7 April 2020. If your team has
any proposed blockers/deadlines for that, please get them done:
[[phab:tag/MW-1.35-release]]
** Train Health
*** This week: 1.35.0-wmf.24 - [[phab:T233872]]
*** Next week: 1.35.0-wmf.25 - [[phab:T233873]]

=== Scoring Platform ===
* Updates:
** Pile of volunteers: chtnnh, haksoat, clemons, nikhil, (+2 more on the
way to IRC/phab)
** Jade
*** Did first round of user-testing on Beta.
*** We got the Jade Diff view to work.
https://deployment.wikimedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Jade:Diff/4
**** Considered native OOUI element for Diff.  Needs PHP.  Crusty.
**** Struggling to get date format strings to the client side
** Released revscoring 2.6.9 which includes section-based features (e.g.
text complexity measures)
** Implemented improved feature extraction for idioms and images (re.
articlequality)

=== Search Platform ===
* Blocked by:
** Core: MW Job consumers sometimes pause for several minutes
[[phab:T224425]]
* Updates:
** Copy English Wikipedia drafttopic scores to other wikis somewhere in the
CirrusSearch pipeline [[phab:T241015]]
** Once the ORES articletopic - ElasticSearch pipeline is set up, update
data about all articles [[phab:T243357]]

=== Security ===
* Blocking:
** Structured Data: review of proposed new data dump:
[[phab:T236431#5900726]]

=== Site Reliability Engineering ===
* Blocking:
** Product Infrastructure on creations of k8s namespaces/tokens for proton,
mobileapps. Working on it
** Research  on creation of k8s namespaces/tokens for recommendation-api.
Working on it.

== Wikimedia DE ==

=== Wikidata ===
* Blocked by:
** Release Engineering: We would appreciate someone chiming in on
[[phab:T245826]]
** Not sure who - Core Platform: We would appreciate someone advising on
[[phab:T225814]].
* Updates:
** wb_terms table (the old term store) is not being read or updated
anymore. [[phab:T208425]]