Hi all,

Here are the minutes from this week's TechCom meeting:

* Hosted Freenode discussion on RFC: Hybrid extension management <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T250406>
** Minutes: <
https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2020/wikimedia-office.2020-06-03-16.04.html

** Log: <
https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2020/wikimedia-office.2020-06-03-16.04.log.html

* Resolved: Discussion about Trusted-Contributors Gerrit group <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T238651>
Limited permissions provided by Trusted-Contributors group are not covered
by Gerrit privilege policy.
TechCom will discuss further defining "privilege" as it relates to the
policy of not allowing viral ownership.

* Discussed: Remove IE 8 from basic support <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T248061>
Waiting on TechCom quorum to go on last call

* Moved to watching: Liberate the @ for AtEase <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T253461>

* Moved to watching: Should HookRunner be in the service container? <
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T254271>

* No IRC discussion scheduled for next week

You can also find our meeting minutes at
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Technical_Committee/Minutes>

See also the TechCom RFC board
<https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/tag/mediawiki-rfcs/>.

If you prefer you can subscribe to our newsletter here
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Newsletter:TechCom_Radar>

--
Alex Paskulin
Technical Writer