That's very cool! I've enabled it.

Maybe it could also look for <time datetime=""></time> elements as well, which is what the {{event}} template <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Template:Event> outputs.

Talking of events and timezones, I recently made a little TZ comparison tool: https://meetingtimes.toolforge.org/ — it's got lots of rough edges at the moment, but sort of works.

<https://meetingtimes.toolforge.org/>

On 10/6/20 11:13 pm, Michael Schönitzer wrote:
Hi,

due to the global health crisis we nowadays have more online events. This
allows for people around the globe to participate but also means easier
handling different timezones is more important.
Since Wikimedians love to organize and schedule their events onwiki, often
on Meta-Wiki, I wrote a tiny userscript and template that allows organizers
to set up the conference program with UTC times and users can see them in
their local timezone and local date format. It's of course also usable for
all other kinds of pages.

It works and is useable but so far still in my user namespace:
https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Michael_Sch%C3%B6nitzer_(WMDE)/timezoneconverter

As the next step I would like to move it to the main namespace on meta and
convert it to a gadget. (Later it could be copied to other Wikis, when
needed.)
Before that I wanted to ask for feedback. Is this something you would use?
Is there anything esential missing, can you see any negative side effects,
or would you like it to be renamed before people start using it? Looking
forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

PS: The great idea for this gadget is from Léa Lacroix.