Hi,

I tagged a new release of Scap (3.15.0) yesterday, which will
hopefully be installed on the various servers next week. One of the
changes is that "scap sync" now gives and error, and directs the user
to use "scap sync-world" or "scap sync-file", depending on what they
meant to do.

This change was made because Release Engineering had noticed that
people accidentally run "scap sync" when they meant "scap sync-file".
We decided to have a "flag day"[0] for this because merely warning
about using "scap sync" is very easy to miss, especially if in an
automated system somewhere. We also assume this is not actually used a
lot, and mostly interactively, in which case the error message is
hopefully clear enough to guide the user in the right direction.

 [0] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_day_(computing)

We've fixed and are fixing places in scripts and CI jobs that we know
of where "scap sync" is used. If you find more, please report them to
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T250302 .

Sorry about any inconvenience.

--
WMF release engineering team | he/him or they/them
"Imagine a world in which every single human being can freely share in