My Kaspersky virus detection popped up with
10/24/2010 1:33:16 PM Detected: Worm.Win32.Qvod.chj C:\strawberry\perl\bin\a2p.exe

No other files were 'detected'. The most recent 5.12.1 strawberry had no such detection.

I've scanned all these files long before now, so presumably this is a newly updated detection database getting it wrong. I think I'll just wait a few days and rescan...

(I've never much trusted any antivirus detection after the *string* "Serv-U Daemon" caused McAfee to unconditionally *destroy* every file containing such. Including my documents merely describing the 10+ year old Perl programs. I bet the McAfee people run backups every hour and save the last 30 days' worth. Such quality...)

--
I'm a pessimist about probabilities; I'm an optimist about possibilities.
    Lewis Mumford  (1895-1990)