Hello Strawberry-perl folks!

I am facing a bit of an issue with running dmake on my *windows 64-bit
machine*, and I would appreciate some help with this:

My system details:
OS: Windows 2008 Server 64-bit
Strawberry perl installed from here<http://strawberryperl.com/releases.html>,
I installed the strawberry-perl-5.12.2.0-64bit.msi
My path looks now looks like:

%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2010b\runtime\win64;C:\Program
Files\MATLAB\R2010b\bin;C:\Program
Files\TortoiseSVN\bin;C:\strawberry\c\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\strawberry\perl\bin

When I type "dmake " without arguments in the command prompt, I get the
error:

dmake: makefile: line 157: Error: -- Syntax error in % rule, missing %
target

which seems to suggest that dmake is installed, and is looking for the
correct target

However, when I try to use dmake with a legitimate Makefile, it cannot find
the correct files and directories even though they are right there in the
correct place.

dmake -f Makefile.win
gives the error
cd src
CreateProcess failed (2)
dmake: Error executing 'cd src': No such file or directory
damke: Error code -1, while making 'subdirs'

Now, I have checked again that the src/ directory does in fact exist, and
one can cd into it.
Also, I am the Administrator on the machine, the software and the files have
the correct permissions.

Could someone please tell me how to run dmake correctly, or pointers to what
I could be doing wrong. It just seems bizarre to me!

--
Priya Bhat