----- Original Message ----- From: "Gabor Szabo"

After some research the "in place" part is unclear to me. I'll further
research it
though if you could tell me where should I put the cairo and gobject libraries
and what else I might need, that would be of great help.

You can put them anywhere you like - if you're using pre-compiled binaries I think it's preferable to put them in a place that doesn't override any existing libraries.
I have them in C:/Gtk+.

You need to install ExtUtils::Depends and ExtUtils::PkgConfig. (I think they'll install ok with 'cpan -i...'.)

Then set the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable to the location of the folder that contains the various '.pc' files (such as cairo.pc). For me that was C:\Gtk+\lib\pkgconfig.

Make sure the dll files are in your path, then 'cpan -i Cairo'. (I actually download the source manually and run 'perl Makefile.PL', etc. ... but I think 'cpan -i ...' should be fine.)

Cairo itself doesn't appear to need many of the Gtk+ libraries. For my x86 builds, it seems that only the cairo, png and zlib libraries are needed. For some reason my x64 builds additionally require the fontconfig, expat and freetype libraries.

See how you go !!

Cheers,
Rob