Hi Martin,

Martin Pilka wrote:
[...]
> the problem is that there is no way how to set something under
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key in global configuration files. that's

   Windows has the notion of a 'Default User': "HKEY_USERS/.Default".
This should probably be chaecked, but I believe that when a new user is
created, the information stored in this tree is duplicated to form the
new user's registry tree.

   Maybe this could be used for solving this problem: when root
installs Wine he sets all the directories right, and this is stored in
this '.Default' tree. Then when an actual user starts Wine for the
first time, obviously he does not have a registry yet. So what Wine
would do is copy the contents of the ".Default" tree to form the
user's new HKEY_CURRENT_USER key. That way he would inherit all the
right settings automatically.

   The exact behavior should be checked under NT too (the above was from
Windows 9x) but I believe it is similar.
   There is another item that works the same in NT which is profile
information:
in NT4 when a user logs in for the first time on a machine, the contents
of 'c:\winnt\Profiles\Default User' is duplicated and used for that
user. This directory contains the settings for the Start Menu, the
Desktop, etc.
   IIRC the same goes for Windows 2000 but the location of the directory
is different.

--
Francois Gouget
[EMAIL PROTECTED]