On Sat, 2 Dec 2000, Dennis Bjorklund wrote:
> civ2 is really slow in wine. When I move a unit one square the move
> takes something like 5 seconds. Also the blinking that the units do when
> they are selected is very slow. And CPU usage are at 100% all the time,
> but that might be true in windows also.. It looks good at least.

   Just as an experiment: do things become better if you press a key or
keep moving the mouse around? I have an appliation here
(http://fgouget.free.fr/wine/PrgWin95/Chap7.shtml#bounce) which has a
very coarse animation. But it gets much better if I keep moving the
mouse or have a key on auto-repeat.

   It would not solve your problem but may provide an insight as to
what's causing the problem. Also I'd like to know if the problem I found
happens in real-life applications.

BTW: I know your main goal is to test Wine but I still feel I should
also point you to FreeCiv, an open-source Free Civilisation clone.
   http://www.freeciv.org/

--
Francois Gouget         [EMAIL PROTECTED]        http://fgouget.free.fr/
           Demander si un ordinateur peut penser revient à demander