From: "Nick Burns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: wine-devel@winehq.com
Subject: RFC: Patch better support for DevMode Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 02:56:29 -0800

After looking at the behavior on xp and wine for EnumDisplaySettingsA and EnumDisplaySettingsW before and after a window has been created (I wrote a little program to dump the devmodes), I noticed that the devmode structs that wine gives back are lacking some fields.

Attached is a patch that fills out the devmode structs out quite a bit more (similar to how XP does it). This does not fix the issue that when you do not create a window you get different behavior if you have an emulated desktop (i would like soem help with this part). Also attached is log_dev_pfd.zi_ -- it is a zip file (sorry about this but the log files are too big) ogl_fullscreen.cpp: source for the app that I used to test EnumDisplaySettings{A,W}
  wine_log_dev_pfd.txt: wine log from app (using an emulated desktop)
  nv34_log_dev_pfd.txt: log from nv34 using xp driver
  rv250_log_dev_pfd.txt: log from rv250 using xp driver

I would like some help with the behavior difference before and after window creation (visible in wine_log_dev_pfd.txt -- the fullscreen modes that are supported should not change)

And would like any comments on the patch

Also -- I would like to get the correct driver names in there and not just -- desktop/NoRes

- Nick

<< log_dev_pfd.zi_ >>

<< winePatchDevModeFill.diff >>