A quick license check does show that libmad is indeed GPL which means we cannot use it in WINE at all.

-aric

Aric Stewart wrote:
I am looking into libmad, their programming APIs are completely undocumented so not sure how it works yet. But really it should be easy to add it to the frameworks as well so that either libmpg123 or libmad would be able to be used.

But i see this as an addition onto the libmpg123 work instead of a replacement of.

-aric