Frédéric Delanoy wrote:
On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 02:40, Dan Kegel <d...@kegel.com> wrote:
Are there any Chinese speakers on the list?
Any interest in starting a Chinese translation of wiki.winehq.org?

I bring this up because a Chinese user/developer is asking for help
getting started with submitting translations to Wine.  I think he would find
Chinese versions of
http://wiki.winehq.org/SubmittingPatches
and perhaps even
http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating
helpful.

It seems strange for a translator to need help reading English
documents, but perhaps it would help them come up the curve
faster.

Well maybe it's because (some of) these pages are not clear enough for
non-techies. Maybe he could tell what parts he didn't understand so
the wiki pages can be improved (it would help for other languages,
too).

Wel, I suppose I can help proof-read if it comes to that. But http://wiki.winehq.org/Translating is really not a good starting point as it assumes a great deal of development and windows knowledge - at least the first few paragraphs scare me :-). I think as a start he/she should try to translate some of the documentation (e.g. say, the user guide, or even the weekly news) rather than windows resources rc files!