James McKenzie <jjmckenzi...@earthlink.net> wrote:

> True, but what happens IF the game stops working?  Will a bug report
> with regression test be accepted or will it be rejected?

Are you kidding? Something tells me that you have no idea what you are talking
about.

> You can see there is a little fear if we stop testing Windows9x
> completely.  However, if we move the Windows9x VMs out of the way so we
> can concentrate on current versions, that is a good idea as some
> functionality of the current Windows versions does not exist or is
> vastly different.

Right now all the test results that differ for win9x versions are marked
as broken(), i.e. Wine intentionally makes an effort to NOT replicate it.
So removing checks for (broken) results will change nothing.

People complaining that Wine no more cares about applications written for Win9x
should calm down, support for win9x apps and removing broken() statements from
tests has no any connection.

--
Dmitry.