[Winona Online Democracy]

regarding the cost for the campaign -- I am fairly certain the District didn't pay for ads asking people to vote FOR but they may have to encourage people to VOTE.
I know the administrative staff were very careful to educate about the issues as compared to just asking people at public meetings to vote yes.  I also am fairly sure that the staff who did the public speaking are salaried and did not make extra money by doing so.  If it was paid time and took away from other duties that now requires catch up, perhaps an estimate of that cost would be of interest.   The cost of ads the District paid may also be of interest.  There were groups that paid for ads that were from private donations.
Craig Brooks

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[Winona Online Democracy]

Based on comments appea ring in WOD and the newspapers, it would appear that
neither side in this discussion can claim the moral or intellectual high
ground, my following comments included.....

Did you......

ever wonder how this discussion would be evolving had those opposed to the
referendum rallied college students to vote against the referendum and those
student votes had caused it to fail?

ever wonder how many books could have been bought and programs reinstated
with the thousands of dollars the district spent on media advertising and
staff resources to pass the referendum?
Does anyone care to share that dollar number or is that not for public
discussion?

ever wonder what the exact annual budget amount is that would allow the
district to provide every student with every tool, opportunity, program,
technology, extra curricular, etc. that would make 861 into the perfect
model of public education?

The school board chair state d at the League of Women Voters forum that
ISD 861 could educate all our students in tents if we had adequate staff.
Maybe it isn't about buildings and technology after all?

Mike Kirschmann

> Any problems or suggestions can be directed to
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> If you want help on how to contact elected officials, go to the Contact
> page at
> http://www.winonaonlinedemocracy.org

Any problems or suggestions can be directed to
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
If you want help on how to contact elected officials, go to the Contact page at
http://www.winonaonlinedemocracy.org

<(©¿©)>