[Winona Online Democracy]

Do we really want to be involved?  A recent survey says we do.  An editorial in
the Trib.
http://www.startribune.com/561/story/856093.html and
in the Pioneer Press
http://www.twincities.com/mld/pioneerpress/16119334.htm
summarizes the results of a Citizen's League survey.
http://www.citizensleague.net/
The poll results are found at
http://map150.org/poll/statewide-poll-findings/

What might you recommend as ways citizens here in Winona could be involved in
local government and in issues in ways that are meaningful enough to motivate
participation?  Much is said about public input being a facade or being fixed
via who is named or what the group is allowed to do.  How can that be changed?

Craig Brooks