----- Original Message -----
From: "Punnoose Roshan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 4:26 PM
Subject: [WinPcap-users] Using wpdpack with managed C++

> Hi,
>
> I want to use Windows Forms in Visual Studio .NET 2003 with wpdpack, but
> I get the error: TypeLoadException, Could not load type pcap from
> assembly. Is there any way that this can be bypassed? Thanks.

Hi.
I think that you are encountering a "TypeLoadException in module Unknown".

The problem is due to the fact that the standard winpcap include file
"pcap.h" contains only a forward declaration of "struct pcap", but not the
actual definition of it. As a consequence, the managed c++ compiler does not
emit any metadata for that type, since there's no definition for it.

There are two solutions to the problem:
1. Include "pcap-int.h" instead of "pcap.h". This include the actual
definition for the type "struct pcap"
2. add a fake definition of "struct pcap". The simplest one is "struct
pcap{};".

Have a nice day
GV