This is fantastic news, Frannie. I have to be honest. I was skeptical things would progress this far. I owe you a nice dinner the next time I am in D.C. regardless of the outcome going forward. You did us proud Frannie. I am copying the WISPA list here so they know their efforts are being recognized directly at the House level in D.C. Hopefully this will lead to actual legislative action to task the FCC to do the right thing.
Thank you so much,
Scriv

PS. Anyone, please feel free to pass this message along to other WISP lists.

Frannie Wellings wrote:

Hey John,

Good news!! An amendment calling on the FCC to finish the White Spaces proceeding passed in the House Energy and Commerce Committee as part of their Digital Transition bill. Now we have to see what happens on the floor and see what we can get in the Senate, but right now this is a terrific first step! BTW, all of the members of that House Committee received that letter signed by all the WISPs yesterday!

Here's to progress...

Best,

Frannie

John Scrivner wrote:

begin:vcard
fn:John Scrivner
n:Scrivner;John
org:Mt. Vernon. Net, Inc.
adr;dom:PO Box 1582;;1 Dr Park Road Suite H1;Mt. Vernon;Il;62864
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:President
tel;work:618-244-6868
url:http://www.mvn.net/