To: "WISPA General List" <wireless@wispa.org>
Sent: Sunday, April 16, 2006 10:58 PM
Subject: Re: [WISPA] Best system for a new WISP

I disagree. I weighed the performance specs and price and I feel I will
save money with this platform. If you are saying it is more expensive
than other platforms then you are right but the performance boost and
wider coverage per cell make up for much of the higher cost.. I disagree
that "mainstream" WISPs cannot afford this. I know most of you guys can.
If you have ANY money behind you or ANY borrowing power at all then
Alvarion has a good option for offering access to a high performance
PtoMP backhaul or service to higher end clients. This is a good option.
With that said I am not saying it is the ONLY option but saying this is
out of reach of "mainstream" WISPs is not a fair statement. Check the
pricing and see if this can suit your needs before you assume it cannot.
Scriv

Mark Koskenmaki wrote:

It is not financially feasible for a mainstream WISP, who is attempting
serve all types of internet customers to rely on BA for anything but
specialized application.,   It's just too expensive.

North East Oregon Fastnet, LLC 509-593-4061
Fast Internet, NO WIRES!
-
-
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brad Larson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>