I got a water bill last month for $210 and wasn't angry. My bill the
month before was only $30 dollars. I knew what 25,000 gallons of water
to fill my pool was going to cost me.

I have 60 customers that I loose money on every month. I can afford the
implementation for what I will gain in revenue or gain back in
profitability; so I'm moving in that direction.

70 % of my customers said they would prefer it. I expect that when it's
implemented more like 90 % will like it and the other 10 % can pay for
what they really want - 24 X 7 usage of large amounts of bandwidth or not.

I either need to make money on the account or not have it. I'm not a
charity and not subsidized to provide it at a loss.

Dave Hulsebus

Matt wrote:
>> usage based means tiers of prices...  No matter what you tell people or how
>> you warn them, if your bill this month is $100 and last month it was $25,
>> they WILL BE ANGRY.
>>
>> Further, automating systems to bill per gig is kind of a pain.
>>
>> The answer, then, I guess is... convenience.
>>

> We were looking at throttling the over quotta users at peak times
> based on a 7-day window of usage.
>
> Matt

PM