I'd love for that to happen...so many apartment complexes within a mile of
my towers...

On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 4:55 PM, Matt Liotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am sure the Redline rep meant that they suck because the FCC has
> limited to 200mw of power. They are capable of 24dbm of power to drive
> their 8dbi antenna. One of the things I want to test is the difference
> in performance between the current FCC power limit and what it should
> be if the FCC treated it like the fixed station that we want it to be.
> I expect that with the right power the performance will be
> interesting. Then the only issue will be convincing the FCC to re-
> certify for indoor "fixed" deployment.
>
> At the end of the day, an indoor fixed unit installed by a
> professional could offer an operator decreased installation time and
> expense. Not the mention the obvious gain in avoid landlord access/
> real estate agreement issues. I would think WISPA members would really
> want the FCC to understand that indoor != mobile.
>
> -Matt
>
> On Aug 1, 2008, at 5:43 PM, Travis Johnson wrote:
>
> > The Redline rep at the meeting I attended yesterday said "don't use
> > the indoor models... they suck".... just for whatever that's
> > worth... ;)
> >
> > Travis
> > Microserv
> >
> > Eric Muehleisen wrote:
> >>
> >> Performance was poor in our testing. the SU-I has only 8dbi gain on
> >> it's
> >> directional antenna (back of unit). It would obviously need to be
> >> window
> >> mounted for it to work. We tested on an interior room not even .
> >> 25miles
> >> out and could not link up.
> >>
> >> -Eric

John M. McDowell
Boonlink Communications
307 Grand Ave NW
Fort Payne, AL 35967
256.844.9932
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.boonlink.com

you may not use, copy, re-transmit, or disclose to anyone the message or any
information contained in the message. If you have received the message in
error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
delete the message. E-mail communication is highly susceptible to spoofing,
spamming, and other tampering, some of which may be harmful to your
computer. If you are concerned about the authenticity of the message or the
source, please contact the sender directly.