Where do you rate Ubiquity Nanostations or the Bullet?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Travis Johnson
  To: WISPA General List
  Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 9:32 PM
  Subject: [WISPA] WiMax delays?

  I don't think this is entirely true. For us, it becomes a "value" decision.
If there was an AP that would deliver 100Mbps and could support 1000
subscribers, I would be willing to pay $10,000+ for it today. There is a real
"gap" in the products that are available on the market:

  At the bottom = Linksys
  Next = Mikrotik
  Next = Trango, Canopy, etc
  <gap>
  Top = licensed Alvarion, Redline, etc.

  This is the market that is not being served. There are plenty of backhaul
solutions, router solutions, etc. but the very last mile AP/CPE for the "higher
end" is what is missing. I'm not interested in paying $50,000 per base station
(Alvarion WiMax), but I don't want to pay $10,000 for a solution that uses an
entire band (Canopy 5700 for example) and only delivers 84Mbps of total
capacity (when even lower end products can deliver 2x or 3x that in the same
spectrum).

  So, again, why hasn't there been an evolution of products the last 2-3 years?
Did everyone stop normal R&D to focus on WiMax?

  Travis
  Microserv