Matt,
Would you not agree that you probably have at least 9 db better noise
figures than 2.4 at the same distance where you are seeing 9 db less signal?
That is what I was trying to illustrate in my post. Even though the signal
drops a little more in the 3650 coverage area than 2.4 we see roughly
equivalent coverage areas due to lower noise floor and hence better SNR at
the edge of the coverage area.

Matt, I seem to remember a post from you recently where you were touting a
link through 4 miles of tress with 3650. Was I not reading that correctly?
Scriv