I think it also matters what the purpose is for stating ARPU.
For example, if ARPU was considering ALL revenue, it would be meaningless if
that revenue was not trasferable to a third party, and discussing ARPU based
on selling to a third party.

For example, if you are a local computer repair person, that revenue is
associated to your customer. But a national company buying you, likely would
never consider that revenue as ARPU, since they'd never be able to take over
those services, since they require local feet on ground. However, Email
account, web sites, etc could very well be transferrable, and relevent
revenues to count in the number.

I think for ARPU to be meanignful, it also has to reflect the typical costs
to provide that service, if a typical cost is associated per customer. For
example, if a business plan, calculated teh average cost of an install to be
$500, then and the average broadband circuit was $200/mon. And you had one
customer with 3 sites. If you said the average ARPU was $600, you'd then
also need to state that average cost was $1500.  I think it also matters
whether you feel its likely that if you loose a customer, that you'd loose
all sites of the custoemrs at the same time. That migfht determine whether
you'd want to bundle them togeather as one or not.  If buying decissions are
independent at each site, it might be more appropriate to consider them
seperate customers.

All though its technically incorrect, we consider each link to a customer a
seperate customer.

Tom DeReggi
RapidDSL & Wireless, Inc
IntAirNet- Fixed Wireless Broadband