We did not find that WiMax in general was better than 900. The key isn't WiMax,
per se, but diversity antennas. Performance is *helped* by being 3.65 WiMax but
that alone does NOT obviate the need for 900 in our experience. Diversity is
key.

Chuck

On Apr 19, 2010, at 9:23 AM, Jeremie Chism wrote:

> I am not using alvarion 3.65 but I am using wimax. I have a couple
> customers with lower modulation because of non line of site situations
> and have seen no impact on the entire system in general. "Supposedly"
> wimax is engineered to handle some of this better than my alvarion 900.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 19, 2010, at 8:15 AM, Rubens Kuhl <rube...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> That would only be true if the data services are somewhat
>> purpose-specific and not Internet access. Doing what this vendor told
>> you would seriously affect aggregate performance of the cell because
>> of low rate modulation of the NLOS and/or distant customers.
>>
>> If you are doing sensor networks or POS connection you will be fine
>> with all those BPSK/QPSK customers, indeed.
>>

>> Rubens
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Kurt Fankhauser
>> <k...@wavelinc.com> wrote:
>>> Has anyone seen the Alvarion 3.65ghz 802.16e equipment in
>>> operation? Was
>>> talking to one vendor that claimed if you run the system in MIMO
>>> that with
>>> the diversity you can do NLOS as good as 900mhz and if you get the
>>> AP on a
>>> 300ft tower that it starts to "feel" like 700mhz. He claimed the
>>> NLOS was so
>>> good that people are ripping out complete old systems of 900mhz and
>>> 2.4ghz
>>> and putting in the single system of 3.65ghz to serve their entire
>>> customer
>>> base.
>>>

>>> Just wondering if anyone has experience or having seen this
>>> firsthand.
>>>

>>> Kurt Fankhauser
>>> WAVELINC
>>> P.O. Box 126
>>> Bucyrus, OH 44820
>>> 419-562-6405
>>> www.wavelinc.com
>>>

>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> ---
>>> ---

>> ---
>> ---
>> ---
>> ---
>> WISPA Wants You! Join today!
>> http://signup.wispa.org/
>> ---
>> ---
>> ---
>> ---

Chuck Bartosch
Clarity Connect, Inc.
200 Pleasant Grove Road
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 257-8268

"When the stars threw down their spears,
and water'd heaven with their tears,
Did He smile, His work to see?
Did He who made the Lamb make thee?"