pedro_soler wrote:
> I have two Lobometrics 912 outdoor wireless systems
> (http://www.lobometrics.com) in a point-to-point 14km link. I have
> tested it in AP/Client mode with IPERF and I get easily over 29 Mbps
> in TCP and over 35 Mbps in UDP, but when I switch both to WDS
> mode (WDS-AP/WDS-AP) the TCP performance goes down to 21
> Mbps.Does somebody know if this is normal, in other words, WDS
> protocol has a performance penalty ?

Pedro,

There is no standard for WDS so every vendor implements their own
version. So the performance of WDS is very dependant on how it
is implemented. Without knowing more details like what was the
physical rate being used, whether the WDS channel was the same
or different than the WLAN channel, what was the interference on
the WDS channel and whether the packets were being sent
as multicast or as unicast packets it is very difficult to know what
caused the performance drop.

You could try changing the channel for WDS or modifying some
of the other parameters to see if that makes a difference.

> In case it has... which mode to use un a point-to-point link ?

Their website also lists 'bridge' and 'repeater' modes. Have you
tried these?

Regards,
- Harshal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/5AhqlB/TM