I got the solution.using network analyzer like
"commviewforwifi" you can find the signal strength
from all the other nodes with out any transferring of
files. this network analyzers captures the packets on
all the channels and report the signal strength it is
perceiveing from all the other nodes.

--- Harshal Chhaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

---------------------------------
sudha rani wrote:
> what i mean is from each node i should be able to
measure the strength of the
> signal from all the other nodes. As u said there are
n*(n-1) values. How can i
> measure them??

Sudha,

Most WLAN drivers indicate the signal strength of the
received
packets. You can use the utilities provided by your
WLAN card's vendor
to get this information. Other applications like
netstumbler may also
display this information.

I don't know why you need all the n*(n-1) values, but
if you really
need all those numbers, choose one of the devices as
the transmitter
and start a large file transfer or any long data
transfer. Then
measure the signal strength at all the other (n-1)
nodes. Change the
transmitter to the next node and repeat the
measurement. Doing this
for all the nodes will give you the n*(n-1) values.

Regards,
- Harshal

http://www.wireless--lan.com/
http://www.wlanforum.com/

 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Terms of Service.

"The world is moving so fast these days that the person who says it can’t be
done is generally interrupted by someone doing it"

http://in.promos.yahoo.com/fabmall/index.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/5AhqlB/TM