cw wong wrote:
> I understand that the scheduled TXOP is requested by an QSTA and granted
> by the AP SME.
> In this situation, if the AP SME is not aware of the AP requirement for
> guaranteed downstream bandwidth, it may think it has sufficient capacity and
> accept new TS request from QSTA. Once new TS is formed, the AP will protect
> it by all means and the AP's internally generated traffic will be compromised.
> Any comments?

CW,

I think it is quite unlikely that the AP SME does not know the details
of its downstream traffic. The admission control module has to know
about all the scheduled traffic passing through the AP - both upstream
and downstream. If it does not have this complete picture, it cannot
make correct decisions about admitting new flows and cannot guarantee
QoS to any traffic.

If a situation occurs where a new downstream flow can potentially
disrupt an established TS, the AP can handle it as it chooses. It
could notify the QSTA that the TSPEC needs to be changed or it could
throttle the new flow and keep the established TSPEC intact.

Hope this helps.

- Harshal

http://us.click.yahoo.com/I258zB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/5AhqlB/TM