Thankyou Harshal,

  Thankyou verymuch for your info.

  And cld any one pls predict how will be the market potential for WIFI in india. And how about the impact of WIFI in european & USA market. Do they penetrate well.

  Give me some info about market potential & pricing details for the same.

  Best Regards

  Immanuel

Harshal Chhaya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Immanuel Raj wrote:
>   I am Immanuel, Could any one pls confirm how many no of systems can
> be connected with single AP in 30m range of distance practically. And how
> about the transfer rate, Will it remain constant like 54Mbps for all the machines
> or it will get scattered to all the machines.

Immanuel,

The number of clients that can be supported depends on the AP
configuration. Enterprise-class APs from Cisco are more powerful (more
memory, faster CPU) and can support dozens of users. On the other
hand, APs that are designed for home use can typically support only a
few users. I don't think any vendor provides specific numbers for this
but I could be wrong. Look at the data-sheets of APs from a few
well-known vendors to get an idea.

As for the data rate, the 54Mbps is the physical data rate for the
entire network. All the devices share that rate so as the number of
users increases, the throughput per user typically decreases. Also
note that even in a network with a single device connected to the AP,
the maximum data throughput is much less than 54Mbps due to protocol
overhead.

Regards,
- Harshal

http://www.wireless--lan.com/