GAUTAM JAIN wrote:
> hello friends i m a new member in this group. i m a final year engg. student.
> i m going
> to make a wifi as my final year project. i know many things about wifi but
> though
> i m suffering from problems regarding this topic that how to start it ? how
> to create
> the protocols ? and i havent any industrial guidence too. so if you have any
> kind
> of infomation please reply

Gautam,

First of all you need to decide the scope of the project. The WiFi
technology includes two distinct layers - the Physical layer (or the
PHY) that does all the signal processing and the Medium Access Control
(or the MAC) layer that defines the protocol of when a device can
transmit on the network. Each of these layers is quite complex by
itself.

The technical standard that defines the WiFi protocol (called the IEEE
802.11 standard) can be downloaded for free from
http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/802.11.html

There are also several active groups that are defining improvements to
the standard. You can find out more about these activities at
http://www.ieee802.org/11/

Study these so that you know the current state of the technology which
will give you an idea about what can be done.

Feel free to post on this group with more questios.

Regards,
- Harshal

http://www.wireless--lan.com/
http://www.wlanforum.com/