fixing automake scripts that takes a long long time...
what you can try is renaming <gnutls/gnutls.h> in your system to
something else before calling ./configure and rename it back after
configure has run. That way the configure script will fail finding an
usable gnutls and will refuse it.

On 2/22/07, David Wuertele <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Luis Ontanon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>

> > --without-gnutls ?
> >

> That was one of the first things I tried.  Unfortunately, my host has gnutls
> installed, and the configure script finds it despite my admonitions not to.
>
> I tried the following configure arguments:
>
> --without-gnutls
> --with-gnutls=no
> --with-libgnutls-prefix=/nowhere
> --disable-gnutls
> --enable-gnutls=no
>
> and the following environment variables:
>
> LIBGNUTLS_CONFIG=no LIBGNUTLS_CFLAGS= LIBGNUTLS_LIBS= no_libgnutls=yes
>
> All to no avail.
>
> Dave

-- Marshall McLuhan