michele wrote:

> I need to compare two different capture files, looking for similarities
> in both of them. Using a modified version of IO Graph and a new field
> which counts the cumulative frames length, I'm plotting a cumulative
> graph of bytes over time. Now I want to (graphically) compare two
> different dumps; this means having two normalized curves [1] plotted in
> the same graph area.
>
> Do you have any implementation suggestion?

I try to respond to myself.

The capture A contains the packets exchanged during the access to three
different web sites, say 1, 2 and 3.
The capture B contains the packets exchanged during the access of the
web site 1.

(The modified version of file.c I'm using, performs a cumulative count
of frame length, separating the three different site downloads using a
delta value for the relative time field.)

The graphic comparison can be done in the following way:

- merge captures A and B
- (normalize the time of the two captures)
- try to find a match between A and B moving the horizontal scroll bar
of IOGraph window (a second new horizontal scroll bar must be added).

Is this reasonable for you?