> >> I wanted to commit the attached patch, but I realized, that preferences
> >> are read _after_ loading the SMI modules. :-(
> >>
> >> Could we read prefs earlier, maybe twice?
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Balint
> >>

> > I also asked Vincent about a potentially better workaround [1].
> > We can remove the buggy(?) MIBs from the default list of MIBs to be
> > loaded, but it would not help users with older preferences file. :-(
> >
> > I can turn the popup to a debug message, but silently skipping the
> > modules does not seem to be a good idea.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Balint
> >
> > [1]http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560325
> >

> I've committed a refinement to the workaround based on Vincent's email
> [1] in 32017.

It seems to be working fine on Linux but on Windows I still get a popup when
launching wireshark or the following text when launching tshark (SVN
revision 32067):

tshark: Stopped processing module SNMPv2-SMI due to error(s) to prevent
potential crash in libsmi.
Module's conformance level: 1.
See details at: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560325

Is it a known issue ? Can something be done for us poor Windows user ? ;)

Regards,
Pascal.