Hi Jakub,

2012/10/3 Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames...@darkjames.pl>

> Hi,
>
> part of r45266 (or 6427287[1]):
>
> #v+
> -  proto_tree_add_item(tf_tree, hf_gsm_a_sm_tft_pkt_flt_id, tvb,
> curr_offset, 1, ENC_BIG_ENDIAN);
> +  oct = tvb_get_guint8(tvb, curr_offset) & 0x0f;
> +  proto_tree_add_uint_format_value(tf_tree, hf_gsm_a_sm_tft_pkt_flt_id,
> tvb, curr_offset, 1, oct, "%d", oct+1);
> #v-
>
> Now user type display filter: 'gsm_a.gm.sm.tft.pkt_flt_id == 4',
> later he checks the value in tree and there is 5.
>
> I'm not sure if it's odd only for me (have not read 3GPP 27.007) or if it
> could confuse all the users,
> also familiar with this specification.
>
> [1]
> http://code.wireshark.org/git/?p=wireshark;a=commitdiff;h=64272873f088a62b8db71e23e0e38c5c8d80194d

a packet filter identifier goes from 1 to 16 but is encoded on 4 bits, thus
my modification. But I understand the confusion it can create when applying
a filter. I could add the raw value in parenthesis (as we do for value
string arrays) to make things a bit clearer. What do you think? Any other
suggestion?

Regards,
Pascal.