[Back to -dev mailing list]

2012/10/7 P Gyanesh Patra <c3m3gyan...@gmail.com>

>  just need one info..
> i am compiling wireshark on centos6.1 64bit..
> while doing "make rpm-package" i am getting following error:
>
> make[1]: Entering directory `/root/wireshark-svn/wireshark/ui/qt'
> uic main_welcome.ui -o ui_main_welcome.h
> make[1]: uic: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [ui_main_welcome.h] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/wireshark-svn/wireshark/ui/qt'
> make: *** [distdir] Error 1
> Please tell me what package i need to install as i have tried to search a
> lot but still unable to fix it.
> Gyanesh

 Hi Gyanesh,

uic is the Qt user interface compiler (used to build qtShark, a new GUI
based on Qt framework). So you need to install the Qt packages for CentOS.
Not sure why the compilation of qtShark is part of the make rpm-package
though as I have never built such package myself. Maybe someone else can
give an advice.

Regards,
Pascal.