Hi,

Preliminary review comments you could address before making an MR:

- Recreate the files using the dissector boilerplate doc/packet-PROTOABBREV.c
- Get rid of the header file
- The PCAP doesn’t go into a commit, it has to got into either a protocol page
on the wiki, or in Sample Captures on the wiki. You ca do that yourself.
- Change commit message header to “ PLDM: Adding dissector for Base
Specification”, according to
https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches#writing-a-good-commit-message

<https://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/SubmittingPatches#writing-a-good-commit-message>
- Get consistent value_string indentation
- Module static variables do not work, in the face of multiple conversation
dissections and/or with packet random access.
- We do have BCD support for fields, see if that works.
- dissect_base() needs to be static
- dissector_add_uint("wtap_encap", 147, base_handle); looks suspicious, where’s
147 coming from.
- No g_print() in the code

Hope it helps.