Le mer. 22 nov. 2023 à 14:25, João Valverde <j...@v6e.pt> a écrit :

> On 22/11/23 13:12, Pascal Quantin wrote:
>
> Hi Joao,
>
> Le mer. 22 nov. 2023 à 14:01, João Valverde <j...@v6e.pt> a écrit :
>
>> You are free to participate in the discussion or not. But I really don't
>> care to wait for the new committee that is pretty much exactly the same as
>> the old committee, as far as I can tell.
>>
>> Anyway silence is another Wireshark project classic. At least you tried
>> to bring something to the debate, so thank you for that, at least.
>>

> It seems like the discussion is shifting away from the initial goal. I
> don't think aggression/criticism/sarcasm brings anything to the debate, so
> I would prefer to keep a constructive exchange between whoever feels
> involved in the subject. I personally have never used the Debian scripts,
> but I did not consider updating the symbols list as being a really time
> consuming task (and I did it numerous times in the past), so I do not have
> an opinion on whether the current status quo is good or bad.
> Balint's initial email was to collect some feedback regarding whether the
> scripts are being used or not. Anders provided the first feedback, let's
> see if others do (with the hope that they are monitoring this list...).
>

> I'm not being aggressive, I'm being candid. And also expressing some
> pretty valid (IMO) criticisms.

And let the discussion shift, what about it? I think it's all relevant to
> the issue of Debian packaging.

Well that's all about communication. I personally find the emails you are
sending today as being more and more aggressive. Maybe that's just me, or
maybe this is the language / cultural differences, but I think it was worth
notifying you as you might not be aware of how others can react to what you
are writing.

Best regards.