From: Wireshark-users <wireshark-users-boun...@wireshark.org> On Behalf Of
DIETZ Alexander
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2023 3:37 AM
To: wireshark-users@wireshark.org
Subject: [Wireshark-users] Where to find documentation about the formats when
to read pcapng data with python?

Hello,

I am very new to wireshark and the pcapng data format used to save wireshark
recorded data. I want to read that data with python using the "pyshark" module,
but I cannot find proper documentation on the data format(s). The only
"extended" documentation I could find is here

https://kiminewt.github.io/pyshark/

which I would not consider as extended at all, as the documentation on the data
format seems to be missing?

Is there some other place where the formats of the packages, the layers etc. is
described in more detail?

Thanks

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is the property of International Game
Technology PLC and/or its subsidiaries and may contain proprietary,
confidential or trade secret information. This message is intended solely for
the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient and have
received this message in error, please delete this message from your system.
Any unauthorized reading, distribution, copying, or other use of this message
or its attachments is strictly prohibited.