Hello Chuck, all,
ok, it is clear how it is done, thank you for that and probably yes, all
the methods should be available in LUA too, if they are not already through
some sort of API exporting, so are they ?  It will not help me, however, as
in my case it is some LZW78/V42bis-derived method, so the question still
remains, sort of at least -- how to extend uncompress routines in tvbuff.h
file -- is the only way to go to extend the file by something like:

/* just general example */

WS_DLL_PUBLIC tvbuff_t *tvb_uncompress_v42bis(tvbuff_t *tvb,    const
int offset, int comprlen);

and implementation then in tvbuff.c or something and then to  build
this (semi)-private version of Wireshark or are there any smarter ways
to go about it ? I, for my part, do not
see any.

Kind Regards

Ariel Burbaickij