Marc,

I'm sorry to say that I do not have an updated version of the administration
tools that will work properly with version 6.1. The toolset was last updated
for v5.5, and may work OK on v6.0, but due to new file names and other
configuration changes, the tool would need to be updated to work on v6.1.

I would be willing to provide the current tools and whatever answers/assistance
I can to the community if someone would like to take on the job of updating the
tools for v6.1 and eventually v6.2.

Otherwise, your best bet is to edit the server.ini file directly with a text
editor. If you have an specific questions about doing so, feel free to email
the list or supp...@terascript.com

To put this answer in some perspective. I believe that the current
implementation of configuration variables is inadequate and plans are in place
to revise the entire system in version 7. Here's a glimpse of the new
implementation:

Problem: Configuration Variables are treated as regular variables regardless of
usage, need and security.
Solution: Configuration Variables will be a unique set of variables, some of
which can be accessed from within a TAF and some that cannot be.

Problem: System Variables control the setup/security of the server but
config.taf needs the server to setup first. Chicken/Egg issue.
Solution: Initial Server configuration will be handled through a new embedded
HTTP service.

Problem: Configuration variables are difficult to manage within your
application, especially within objects.
Solution: A new environment initialization mechanism will allow easier setup of
configuration variables for specific needs.

There are few other internal issues I will also address, such as performance
and request level isolation of shared configuration variables, so I'm looking
to make significant changes and improvements in the next major release.

Robert