Hey Misi,

> I wonder if somebody thought or already implemented some html template
> mechanism (the blahblah with web designer defines general visual outlook of
> a homepage/web application, and then the contents business logic is
> manipulated by the application etc.)

> and now the essence..
>
> <wt:edit slot2="wattaslott" slotxyz="wattaslot"/>
>
> <wt:hangman slot2="wattaslott" slotxyz="wattaslot"/>
>
> <wt:moneymakingcontroll slot="aoeu"/>

> this could be transformed into some c++ class/code before compilation, or
> (less performant) loaded at runtime.
>
> Any ideas?

I haven't heard of anyone trying to build something like this with Wt,
but, it is obviously feasible.

Perhaps an alternative and more attractive approach, which relies on
JavaScript presence however, is the currently experimental feature in
Wt (that is not officially documented) to use a Wt application in
"WidgetSet" mode. In that case, the application only manages a set of
widgets in a web page, instead of assuming the entire web page. The
link from web page to application is by loading the Wt application as
a JavaScript library:

<head>
</head>

<!-- load widgets from a Wt application: -->
<script src="http://wt-server/hello.wtjs?widget1=w1&widget2=w2";></script>

(This is taken from an actual test case for this feature in Wt)

Would that be an approach you could consider?

Regards,
koen