Hey Dushan,

2008/11/7 Dushan Savich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>     When I create my own example, only normal controls ( Wt:: ) are
> displayed, but Wt::Ext::  are not .

>     I've zipped     wt_config.xml   ,   kitchen sink example  output ,  and
>   directory listing of   ext/    folder    .
>     You can get it  here :   http://www.stosha.net/ext-stuff.zip
>

>     In  wt_config.xml   ,   for  extBaseURL , I've used all possible
> combination of values , I've been putting   extjs   in different directories
> etc.   ,
>     and of course, I've read the manual  :)

Okay. This is a bit of FAQ: the way examples should be run is not
clear. We need to work on this.

Your ext/ folder contents looks fine. Still, you get this error:

127.0.0.1 - - [2008-Nov-07 13:07:08.379502] "GET
/ext/resources/images/default/basic-dialog/hd-sprite.gif HTTP/1.1" 404
85

(for some reason I do not see other 404 return codes for /ext/...
files? 404 means: not found)

It seems that you have installed ext together with Wt, in
/home/dule/stylet/libs/3rdParty/wt-2.1.5/ext/, but it needs to be
available to the web server. When you use the built-in httpd, that
means that the 'docroot' must point to
'/home/dule/stylet/libs/3rdParty/wt-2.1.5/' to find 'ext/' in the
correct place.

But at the same time, the example expects to find other files (icons,
etc...) that are within the example folder. So that is why the most
straight forward way is to make a symbolic link from your centrally
installed ext/ folder to your working directory, and use 'docroot'='.'

Btw, you are using a quite old version (2.1.5 I guess) ?

I have updated the FAQ entry about this type of problem, to show the
expected directory layout. See:
http://www.webtoolkit.eu/wt/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Q:_My_browser_shows_a_window_with_a_message_like_.27Wt_internal_error:_ReferenceError:_Ext_is_not_defined.2C_code:_undefined.2C_description:_undefined.27._How_do_I_resolve_it.3F

Regards,
koen