Hey Torsten,

2008/11/27 Torsten Schulz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hi there,
>
> I've the Problem that many Entries in my Database (MySQL) are umlauts
> (German ä, ö, ü, ...). And I've tested many things with witty like
> WString::fromUTF8, toUTF8 and so on. But what ever I do, I'm not able to
> see the umlauts. Every word that include a umlaut isn't visible. so the
> sentense "Ich wäre froh" will be displayed as "Ich froh".

This is quite weird behavior, as it seems to recognize word boundaries?
Do you have your database configured as UTF8 ?

If not, how is the data stored in the database?

If you are using Linux, nowadays the default locale is usually UTF8 in
an xterm, and so you should be able to print the data from your
database to stdout with the same result as using WString::fromUTF8()
to display it in the browser.

Regards,
koen