I have been trying to get ThemeShowControl() to hide controls and it wasn't
working. The problem is that it calls ::ShowWindow() and that is also used to
show/hide the controls on the different pages, so if you hide a control before
the page is shown then the hide is overwritten by the page show.

I have a workaround for this and thought I'd open it up for discussion before
submitting it.

My solution is to create a new dwInternalStyle setting
INTERNAL_CONTROL_STYLE_HIDDEN which is set when ThemeShowControl() is called
with a value of SW_HIDE. Then in ThemeShowPage() if the value is set then the
control is not displayed (similar code is used by the
INTERNAL_CONTROL_STYLE_HIDE_WHEN_DISABLED setting).

Can anyone see an issue with this? Does this sound like a useful addition to
dutil?

Neil

Neil Sleightholm
X2 Systems Limited