In the past I have tried to use some of the assembly binder variables but
couldn't because PublicKeyToken is converted to the upper invariant in the
binder (which makes it useless when adding the full assembly name into say a
config file).

I am going to fix this but want to make sure I don't cause any breaking
changes.

I know that this value is used in the MsiAssemblyName table (which I guess
doesn't care that the value has changed). And of course people may be using
the binder variables in what ever way they want.

That all being said, my gut tells me I should just introduce new binder
variables (without the conversion). I could also just remove the call
"ToUpperInvariant()" but have to believe there is some reason it exists.

Opinions?