I’m adding some basic cmdlets to http://psmsi.codeplex.com that currently use
DTF to handle install, repair, uninstall, and patching. But my progress
handler, when using an ExternalUIRecord handler, never gets the “master reset”
where Record.GetInteger(1) is 0. In fact, all I ever get is the progress report
(case 2).

I do know that DTF does not serialize Record correctly. For example, it doesn’t
serialize record 0 (Record.FormatString) but in this case it shouldn’t matter.
There’s no boundary to be crossed that would necessitate serialization. It does
tend to screw up warning and verbose logging, though, since
Installer.GetMessage(Record) assumes any Record is an error and record 1 is an
integer with an error message.

So has anyone successfully create an external UI handler with DTF? Preferably
with a record-based UI handler but I’m considering giving a string-based UI
handler a try just to see if the problem isn’t with the Record class.

- Heath from his Surface Pro