After downloading a payload during layout, does Burn verify the hash?  If
not, then 3060 seems to be two feature requests: skipping packages that are
already in the layout directory, and verifying the files during layout (so
that you can run layout on upgraded bundles with the same destination
folder and replace the payloads that were updated).  Rob's response makes
it sound like we don't want to verify during layout, which would mean we
would never fully implement 3060.