Set the Impersonate attribute to “yes” for that CustomAction element – but then the CA doesn’t run as LocalSystem so it doesn’t have elevated privileges.

Derek

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bahar Shah
Sent: Thursday, July 20, 2006 11:56 PM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Installing a binary in context of current logged in user

Hi,
I need information on how do we install and run any binary in the context of the currenlty logged in user.
My problem is since msiexec runs as LocalSystem all my binaries are installed with LocalSystem privieedges. I need to tweak few binaries to run as currently logged in user context.

Regards
Bahar