The very latest WiX 3.0 release fixes this, enjoy! :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andrey T
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 4:47 AM
To: wix-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [WiX-users] Long path name to COM server

Hello, all!

I have following situation:
when I use <Classelement to install Class for my COM server, I use "Server"
attribute to set path to my COM server in registry (under InProcServer32
key).
I use unadvertised mode (i. e. Advertise="no") for <Classelement.

The problem is that WIX writes this in registry table to the Value column in
Registry table in following manner:

[!comserver.dll]

where comserver.dll is the Id of my COM server in File table.
When installation finishes, path to my COM server is in short form. But I
want to get it in long form. I know that if WIX will write it to Registry
table in [#comserver.dll] form, then I will get long path after
installation.

Is it possible somehow to do this?

Thank you in advance.